Smart Parking Ticket
Who are Smart Parking Ltd?
Smart Parking is a private parking company based in Birmingham, but who’s registered address is 5, South Inch Business Centre, Perth, Perthshire, Scotland, PH2 8BW.
They used to be known as Town and City Parking until they were brought out by an Australian company called Park Car Parking Technologies. In 2012 changed name to Smart Parking.Smart Parking have contracts with many retailers including Asda, McDonalds and KFC Parking charge notices are issued for breach of contract. This is where the terms and conditions of the car park are alleged to have been broken.
Can Parking Fines Ltd Deal my with Parking Ticket?
Yes we can! just go to our fill in the form at the bottom of this page and we can get started!. We have never had a client taken to court when we have been involved
How do Smart Parking operate?
The company uses a combination of ANPR, and warden assisted areas. ANPR detect cars coming in and out of car park
Smart parking issue charges up to £100 and they claim their sensors detect over 100 million car movements every single day.
- When a car enters or exits a car its number plate is registered by an ANPR camera. These take a photo of the number plate
- If the car has stayed longer then the permitted time or over the time that has been paid for a ticket will then be issued. Tickets can also be issued if a registration number has not been entered at the premises (Pubs, hotels etc)
- Tickets can also be issued if they are not on the parking companies white list as authorised to par
- Once this data has been uploaded the Parking Company would then get the registered keepers’ details from the DVLA for £2.50. https://www.gov.uk
- To ensure keeper liability can be enforced a ticket is issued through the post within 14 days. The Parking Company will send a letter to the registered keeper at the time of the parking contravention.
- This Notice to Keeper will ask for payment of the Parking ticket which is a lot of cases is up to £100. This will be discounted for early payment. If the Registered keeper gives details of the driver, the parking company will then send a ticket to the driver
- Under The Protection of Freedoms Act (POFA 2012 Schedule 4) The Parking company has the right to pursue the keeper of the vehicle if no driver details are given. This can only happen if the ticket has been sent to the registered keeper within 14 days.
- If the Parking Charge Notice is neither paid or appealed, it is very common for the parking to company to pass the details over to the likes of Debt Recovery Plus or Trace Debt Recovery. This will also happen if the appeal is denied at POPLA
They belong to the British Parking Association
Membership of the BPA Approved operator means Smart Parking can get details from the DVLA so a ticket can be sent to the registered keeper in the Post.If you get a ticket from Smart Parking, we can deal with it straight away.
It may have gone to gone to Debt Recovery Plus, that doesn’t matter we can still deal with it. Our Guarantee. If we take a ticket case on from the start, we guarantee you won’t get a court claim and if you do we will pay the cost of that claim!
Can Parking Fines Ltd deal with my POPLA Appeal.
The Simple answer is yes, we are experts at dealing with appeals to POPLA
From the 2018 POPLA report there was a total of 9111 tickets appeals, 3007 were not contested by the company, 1557 were allowed and 4547 were refused. Parking Fines UK has a 100% record in beating this firm.
If we take a debt collector case on, we guarantee when we take the case on the debt collector wont take you to court or again we will pay for the claim! https://www.parkingfines.org.uk/appeal-your-parking-ticket/
Parking Fines is registered with the ICO No. ZA486695 (Information Commissioner’s Office)