Civil Enforcement Ltd
Who are Civil Enforcement Ltd
Also known as Civil Enforcement ltd, they are a Private Parking Company based in the UK they operate on private land are such as supermarket car parks. They earn the majority of their private parking tickets through the issuing of parking charge notices (PCN’s)
These are issued for the breach of terms and conditions at a car park
What if I have a ticket from Civil Enforcement Ltd?
If you get a parking ticket from the best way to defeat it is by using Our Appeal Service ,we have never lost a case against CEL and have beaten them many times in court cases as well. The company has a history of signing documents on behalf of landowners when they have no right to do this. Just go to our form at the bottom of the page and select the correct Ticket Issuer (Parking Company).
The company claims they are based in at Horton Flags Liverpool but this is just mail forwarding address. They are in in fact based in Middlesex
How do Civil Enforcement Operate?
CEL Use both parking attendants and ANPR. Automatic number plate reading works by calculating the entering and leaving time of a car. Civil Enforcement Ltd have various business names ,these include Park Solve, Star Park, First Car Parking and Creative Car Parks. However All tickets are issued through the main trading name of Civil Enforcement Ltd. This is done due to the complex tax arrangements the company has in place.
- When a car enters or exits a car its number plate is registered by an ANPR camera. These take a photo of the number plate
- If the car has stayed longer then the permitted time or over the time that has been paid for a ticket will then be issued. Tickets can also be issued if a registration number has not been entered at the premises (Pubs, hotels etc)
- Tickets can also be issued if they are not on the parking companies white list as authorised to par
- Once this data has been uploaded the Parking Company would then get the registered keepers’ details from the DVLA for £2.50. https://www.gov.uk
- To ensure keeper liability can be enforced a ticket is issued through the post within 14 days. The Parking Company will send a letter to the registered keeper at the time of the parking contravention.
- This Notice to Keeper will ask for payment of the Parking ticket which is a lot of cases is up to £100. This will be discounted for early payment. If the Registered keeper gives details of the driver, the parking company will then send a ticket to the driver
- Under The Protection of Freedoms Act (POFA 2012 Schedule 4) The Parking company has the right to pursue the keeper of the vehicle if no driver details are given. This can only happen if the ticket has been sent to the registered keeper within 14 days.
- If the Parking Charge Notice is neither paid or appealed, it is very common for the parking to company to pass the details over to the likes of Debt Recovery Plus or Trace Debt Recovery. This will also happen if the appeal is denied at POPLA
The company has a web of nominee directors and its true owners are hidden. Civil Enforcement are a member of the British Parking Association, and in turn a member of their Approved operating scheme. This enables the company to get to get registered keeper details from the DVLA.
Where Do Civil Enforcement Ltd operate ?
- Co-op Car Parks
- Retail Sites
- Mcdonalds Franchises
- Leisure Centres
- Hospital sites
- Multi Business Offices
- Premier Inn
- PC World
Can you help with my Civil Enforcement Ltd POPLA Appeal?
Yes!, our record against CEL is outstanding since we know how to beat them and get their tickets cancelled
Their POPLA Appeal figures for 2018 are:
654 Allowed – 3161 Denied – 1068 not contested – 4883 total appeals
Parking Fines is registered with the ICO No. ZA486695 (Information Commissioner’s Office)